While the Couch to 5K (C25K) workout plan has been proven to help countless people learn to run consistently, not everyone has been able to lose weight using this training plan.
If you are looking to drop some weight while following the C25K plan, NordicTrack Coupon is here to help you.
Stick To The Training Plan
It may seem simple, but a big part of succeeding at losing weight during the C25K running plan is to put in the work. This training plan only calls for three runs a week, but it can be easy to skip one here or there.
Outside of extreme circumstances, don’t allow yourself to make excuses to skip one of your workouts. Many people struggle to exercise after long days at work or taking care of the kids at home. But the more excuses you give yourself, the harder it will be to put yourself back on track.
Make Small Changes To Your Eating Habits
Many people want to do a complete life overhaul when starting a new exercise regime. While it may seem like the successful people in inspiring stories changed everything at once, i.e., quit smoking, cut out all processed foods, and trained for a marathon, this is usually not how permanent change works.
Instead, as you stick to your training plan, make small changes to your eating habits. Some helpful changes you may want to try are:
- Drink water only – It can be surprising to some people when they lose weight by changing their drinking habits. Between full-sugar sodas, fancy coffees filled with syrups and whipped cream, alcohol, and calorie-laden sports drinks, it’s easy to drink a startling amount of calories. By switching to water-only, you are on the path to flatter abs.
- Track food intake – There are many apps like MyFitnessPal which can help you track your food intake. By doing this, you can gain an accurate picture of what you are eating. While you are training, don’t focus on the calories. Just track everything you eat, from your meals to that handful of M&Ms. The tracking will keep you more aware and accountable of what you are eating and how much you are consuming.
- Cut an indulgence – Maybe you always grab a muffin with your morning coffee or like to pop by the vending machine in the afternoon. Skip one of these kinds of regular indulgences. By doing this, you can start training yourself to not depend on these empty calories.
Also, many people tend to reward themselves with food after a workout. On the C25K plan, you will not be burning as many calories as you think, as most of the workouts don’t go over 20 minutes. So, avoid eating extra treats or carb-loading, as you do not need it at this stage of your running career.
Use The Right Equipment
Running doesn’t require much in the way of equipment, which makes it appealing to many people. However, there are somethings you can add to your C25K workouts to improve your comfort and keep you safer.
- Shoes – A good fitting pair of shoes is vital to your running training. Without them, you may develop blisters and other, more serious injuries.
- Treadmill – Using a treadmill can help you avoid bad weather and take the sidewalk pounding pressure off your joints. Here at NordicTrack Coupon, we offer a variety of NordicTrack promotion codes to give you the ability to pick up the best treadmill for your training needs.
- Sweat-wicking clothes – While you can run in an old cotton T-shirt and shorts, running with a damp shirt can be very uncomfortable. Sweat-wicking clothes can keep you drier and cause less chafing.
By incorporating some or all of our tips into your Couch to 5K training plan, you should be able to lose weight as you work on running a 5K.