When it comes to CrossFit, some people wonder if they can do it at home without all the equipment, like a giant truck tire and other unrealistic workout accessories. But, the reality is, you don’t need a CrossFit gym membership to take care of your Workout Of the Day (WOD).
All you really need to bring the high-energy and results of CrossFit into your home is a few solid pieces of equipment and the drive to achieve your fitness goals.
Determine What Equipment You Need To Do CrossFit At Home
There are many effective CrossFit workouts you can do at home using just your body as your workout equipment. However, certain key pieces of fitness equipment can help make your home into a CrossFit haven. Some things to consider purchasing are:
- Weights, such as few dumbbells sets and a couple of kettlebells
- Treadmill for cardio conditioning workouts
- A thick yoga mat or interlocking gym floor tiles
- Doorway pullup bar for targeted upper body exercises
Clearly, there are far more things you can pick up to build up a CrossFit home gym, but these items should be able to help you start doing high-energy CrossFit workouts.
Top NordicTrack Machines For CrossFit Workouts
CrossFit workouts are intense, and cheaper machines may not be able to hold up under an intense workout. To prevent this issue, here are some top NordicTrack machines that come with the iFit Coach training program which should perform well for regular workouts as well as high-energy CrossFit exercises.
- NordicTrack Commercial X11i Incline Trainer – This versatile treadmill can really make you sweat as it can incline up to 40%! It is also highly durable, with a heavy-duty frame and a well-cushioned deck. You can even treat it like a manual treadmill, setting the speed to 1 MPH and using the sled grips and push bar to self-power a tough run.
- NordicTrack Fusion CST – If you want a built-in CrossFit machine, you can’t do much better than the Fusion CST. With this machine, you can either use it in manual mode and incorporate it into your CrossFit workout or opt for one of the iFit Coach workouts, which come with HIIT, CrossFit, and other excellent workouts led by great trainers.
- NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS7i – With this elliptical, you have a greater range of motion, from long swinging strides to switching to quick, stair-stepping motions. The flexibility allows you to incorporate them more easily into your workouts.
Even better, all of these pieces of equipment are eligible to have our NordicTrack discount codes used on them. So, not only can you stock up your home gym with quality equipment, you can do it at a great price!
Try This CrossFit WOD
To help start you on your road to home CrossFit success, here’s a WOD made just for our readers.
CrossFit Treadmill Workout
- Run 0.5 miles
- 10 push ups
- 15 V-ups
- 10 dips (using treadmill arms)
- 20 squats
Be sure to repeat this set of exercises 4 times. How fast you go depends on your fitness level. We recommend your pace be around 80-85% of your max.
It’s easy to add NordicTrack workout equipment to your home at a lower price for all your CrossFit workout needs, all you need to know how to redeem our NordicTrack promo codes. Once you know how to use them, you are that much closer to reaching your CrossFit-inspired health and fitness goals.